Teachings on the Holy Spirit, from one of America’s greatest living theologians
All students of Scripture can benefit from this concise, practical study of the person and work of the Holy Spirit. All the doctrinal essentials are here, clearly organized and explained by the renowned scholar who prepared the Ryrie Study Bible.
Avoiding confusion and trendiness, Dr. Ryrie sticks uncompromisingly to the revealed Word of God to answer questions like:
- What is Spirit baptism?
- What is the sin against the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit?
- What about the spiritual gift of tongues?
- What is true spiritual power?
This revised and expanded edition includes two new chapters on contemporary issues related to the doctrine of the Holy Spirit, new overview charts, handy subject and scripture indexes for quick reference, and an updated selected bibliography for further study.
Table of Contents:
1. Spiritual Power
2. He or It? The Personality of the Holy Spirit
3. God or Ghost? The Deity of the Holy Spirit
4. Representations of the Holy Spirit
5. The Holy Spirit’s Part in Creation.
6. The Holy Spirit’s Part in Revelation and Inspiration
7. What the Holy Spirit Did for People in Old Testament Times
8. The Holy Spirit’s Ministry to Our Lord
9. Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
10. General Grace
11. Special Grace
12. Regeneration: Born of the Spirit
13. The Spirit Lives Within
14. Baptized by the Holy Spirit: A Secure Position in the Body of Christ
15. Sealed by and in the Spirit: Secure Eternally
16. The Spirit Gives Gifts
17. The Gift of Tongues
18. The Filling of the Spirit
19. Some Other Activities of the Holy Spirit
20. What Is the Anointing of the Spirit?
21. The Spirit’s Ministry in the Future
22. History of the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
23. Helpful Books on the Holy Spirit
Contributor Bio: Ryrie, Charles C
CHARLES C. RYRIE (A.B., Haverford College; Th.M. and Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary; Ph.D., University of Edinburgh; Litt.D., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary) is a renowned author and scholar. He has written numerous books, including The Ryrie Study Bible, Basic Theology, Balancing the Christian Life, The Holy Spirit, Dispensationalism Today, Revelation, Survey of Bible Doctrine, and So Great Salvation, which rank among his best-selling titles. Dr. Ryrie is the father of three children and resides in Dallas, Texas.